We will be introducing you to the speakers and attendees of the Food Allergy Bloggers Conference by sharing their responses to a few questions. We have asked them to chose to answer 3-5 of these questions:
1. Who do you look forward to seeing/meeting most at FABC and why?
2. Which of your blog posts are you most proud of and why?
3. Which panel topic do you look forward to hearing most and why?
4. What is the best thing about food allergies?
5. What motivated you to start blogging about food allergies?
6. What is the best thing about the online food allergy community?
7. What other blogger would you most like to meet and why?
8. What other blogger has inspired you?
9. What is one of your favorite posts written by another blogger and why?
10. If you didn’t have or deal with food allergies, what would be your 3 favorite foods to eat/try?”
My name is Selena Bluntzer and my blog is Amazing & Atopic.
What motivated you to start blogging about food allergies?
Does this story sound familiar? My daughter was diagnosed with food allergies, asthma and eczema, so I started blogging about it. 🙂 I felt like I wasn’t given enough information from our various physicians and wanted to share the things I learned, as I went along, so that other would not feel that way. I learned a new word, “atopic”, which covered a range of interrelated conditions, such as food allergies, asthma, eczema, allergic rhinitis, etc., and decided to name my blog “Amazing & Atopic”, because I felt my little girl was so amazing to me and was constantly surprising me, yet she also had these new issues to manage and explore.
Which of your blog posts are you most proud of and why?
I think I would choose “Taking the Fear Out of Epinephrine“, because it represented a turning point in my journey, where I was no longer afraid of epinephrine and I wanted to shout from the rooftops that nobody else should fear this life-saving medication. It’s one of the most important messages we can get across – don’t hesitate – don’t wait until it’s too late!
Which panel topic do you look forward to hearing most and why?
Well, I want to catch as many as I can, but I am very interested in hearing about upcoming treatments, of course, as those will have the most impact on our children’s lives, in the future. I also want to learn more about being an effective advocate, as that is a prime goal in this whole process!
Who do you look forward to seeing/meeting most at FABC and why?
You, and you, and you, and you! I want to see EVERYONE! I want to see friends I miss and those I have yet to meet. Did you ever watch the TV show “This is Your Life” where they brought out a guest and surprised them with people from their life, whom they hadn’t seen in ages? I feel it will be like that, but with people who will FEEL like family members or special friends, just because of the special link we all share. It’s not often you get to be in a room with people who really understand this life.
Initial planning is underway to make this dream a reality. We are all united in managing the same disease. There is amazing inspiration and power when so many like minded people- who GET one another and our struggles can finally meet; sharing, learning and supporting one another! Audience would hope to include: the Food Allergy, Asthma, EoE/EGID, Eczema, Gluten-Free and Celiac communities. Be sure to Follow Us on Twitter @Fablogcon and Sign up to be on our mailing list! Sign Me Up!
Please check back as we will be posting updates as details get ironed out! If you are interested in participating as a vendor, exhibitor, speaker, or other please email us here.
- We chose to hold the conference in Las Vegas for a few reasons, but a main one is that there is inexpensive airfare from almost anywhere! Making it more affordable for everyone to attend.
- Cigarette smoking IS still allowed in Vegas! So Asthmatics be warned. The South Point Hotel does have smoking in their casino, which must be walked through to access the rest of the hotel, however they do a splendid job cycling the air out many times per hour. Of the near 3000 rooms, only 95 are smoking rooms, [but be sure to ask when registering!]
- The Head Chef at the South Point, Keith Norman is trained and very knowledgeable about food allergies, and cross-contamination safety. We feel confident that they will do their utmost to ensure everyone has wonderful experience! Please feel free to email us [email@example.com] with any dietary concerns you may have!
- You will be able to grab an All-Day shuttle pass that takes you to the Vegas Strip with pick-up/drop-offs every 15 minutes for only $9.00!
- We hope you sign up and join our FARE Walk team. We will provide shuttle service to and from the walk event. It will give more time to visit and mingle with other conference attendees.